Sun: Steak and smashed potatoes with yellow squash and zucchini (sp?)
steak: Marinate the steak ( I always use a cheap cut because, well, I'm cheap) in 1/2 cup veg oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce plus 1-2 tbsp. Montreal Seasoning for Steak---or storebrand equivalent.
potatoes: boil potatoes. Drain. I add real butter, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. If you put enough seasonings in, you don't need gravy!
veggies: add enough butter that you don't know you're eating something healthy!
Mon: Pulled Pork
Put pork loin or whatever boneless pork in crock pot with a bottle of BBQ sauce plus a handfull of brown sugar for 4-5 hrs on high. When done, pull apart in the crockpot bowl with 2 forks. Serve on buns or over green salad.
Tues: Lentils and flatbread
lentils:
3 cups water
1/2 cup lentils
1 tsp salt
simmer covered for 25 minutes. Add:
1/4 cup rice
1 chopped onion
simmer 20 additional min, covered. I always have to add 2-3 cups water. Add chunks of steak or chicken that you might have lingering in the fridge.
flatbread:
2 cups warm water
2 tsp shortening
1 tbsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
3 cups wheat flour
1 cup white flour
mix ingredients until dough is mixed thoroughly. the dough will be very sticky. Flour a counter top and spoonout small balls of dough (approx 3 in. diameter). Let the balls rest for approx 15 mins. Roll out balls into small circles approx 1/3 in. thick and then place on cookie sheet. Place on highest shelf with the oven on broil. Cook for 2-3 min. until bread starts to lightly brown, then turn over and brown other side. Cover in towels to prevent drying out while it cools. (FYI I half the recipe) This meal costs me approx 99 cents
Wed: BBQ chicken
Slather on your favorite spices and throw some chicken breasts on the grill. I serve with rice.
Thurs: Fajitas
Use leftover steak. I cook onions and peppers with butter in a glass bowl in the microwave (like Mom does). Serve on tortillas with sour cream.
Fri: BBQ hamburgers
I like to put little onions in my hamburger mix. Yummy!
Sat: OUT/ leftovers
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment