Am I ever going to get this right?! Sorry guys! I could tell you stories of ice storms and people with power outtages and long flights with painful layovers and yadayadayada....but I'll stop making excuses and get down to business.
Janelle's post for Feb 1-7:
Sunday:
Roasted chicken with green beans and french bread
I just put a whole chicken in the crockpot, season it with whatever and cook it for ~4 hours on high. For the green beans, I've been on a seasoning kick----trying to make them taste like they're super yummy, not just healthy. I buy the frozen skinny ones and nuke them in the microwave with a little water and a lot of butter. I also add a few onion flakes and some garlic powder and a lot of salt. My family loves them this way.
Monday: Chicken Broccoli Cass
2 cups cooked rice
4 chicken breasts cooked--or leftovers from the roasted chicken
1 big head/frozen bag of broccoli- cooked
1/2 c. mayo
1/2 c. sour cream
1 can cr. of chicken
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp curry
Layer the rice, chicken and broccoli n a 9x13 pan. Mix the wet ingredients first in a bowl and then spread over the top of the chicken and stuff. Cover and bake at 350 for 40 mins.
Tues: tacos
Wed: pizza rolls
Get a tube of pillsbury crescent rolls. Unroll the dough and separate the triangles. Layer a scoop of spaghetti sauce, strip of lunch meat and shredded cheese. Then roll like you would a crescent roll. Put on a cookie sheet and cook for 15-18 mins at 400.
Thurs: spaghetti
Fri: Mulligatawny. Isn't that a cool name? It means yummy soup!
4 tbsp butter or olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 pepper, chopped
1 apple, chopped---surprising, I know---but it adds just a touch of sweetness.
2 lbs chicken, cooked and chunked
1/2 c. flour
2 tsp curry
5 c. chicken broth
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup uncooked minute rice
1. Melt the butter/oil in a large pot over med heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, pepper, apple, and chicken, and saute for about 15 mins.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the flou and curry powderl. Add the mixture to the pot, then stir and cook for 3-5 mins. Add the chicken broth and tomatoes. Partially cover the pot and simmer the soup for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
3. 10 mins before you're ready to serve, add the rice. Make sure to keep the soup simmering while it cooks.
Sat: out/leftovers
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment