Hi everyone! I totally spaced my post this week until now (sorry Tasha). She went ahead and did a fabulous, super-long one that is listed below. So use hers for Dec 3-14. I'm putting my meals up now(because I really did think about it and I'm afraid I'll forget again!) and you can use them whenever you want. I know that B&T and C&J will be travelling through the last half of the month, so maybe they can use these meals when they get back. As for the rest of you, hope this helps out. Happy holidays!
DEC 15-21 or whenever:
Mon: Split pea soup
I don't really have a specific receipe---usually I just use the one on the back of the split pea bag. One thing to note is that it takes about 3 hours of simmering to get the peas nice and soft and mushy.
Tues: Hawaiian Haystacks
Sauce: 2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
Rice: 2 cups cooked
Toppings: chuncked chicken, chow mein noodles, tomatoes, celery, green pepper, pineapple chunks, grated cheese, slivered almonds, coconut
Wed: Chicken Divan
I use the receipe in the Nye cookbook. Let me know if you need a copy. The curry powder is the special ingredient that makes this dish fabulous!
Thurs: Quesadillas
Put a tortilla topped with BBQ chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes a little bit of cilantro and a ton of cheese on a frying pan over medium heat. Top with another tortilla. Flip it over so both sides are golden brown. With enough toppings, two of these make gobs for our family.
Fri: Jambalya
here goes:
1 tbs olive oil
1tbs butter
2 large onions, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 minced garlic cloves
2 cups cooked diced ham
1 cup uncooked rice
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1/2 cup chicken broth
Heat oil and butter in heavy large saucepan; add onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add ham and rice; cook and simmer until rice is tender and liquid absorbed, about 30 mins.
NOTE: I always have to add a ton more water for the rice to cook, so be on the lookout!
Sat: out
Sun: Grilled pork chops and potatoes
I smother some of our yummy seasonings on the pork chops----it's called Lawry's Perfect Blend Seasoning and Rub for Poultry and Pork. I got it at Sam's Club---and if you can get it I would highly recommend it. It is fabulous for pork and chicken!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment